Mixing and music production training course
The MIX CAM training course is a 28-hour training that will enable you to switch from learning mixing to learning music production. For 4 days, depending on your level, you will start learning, or you will improve your skills on, how to use mixing equipment, including working with turntables, making transitions between two music tracks, using effects, tunings and so on. Then, you will be trained on how to use the Ableton Live software so as to learn music production but also how to cope with live music, podcasts and other bootlegs / mashups.
Conditions of admission : This training course is open to the general public. The only condition is that you have to be at least 16 years old
The equipment that is made available is : - PCs fitted with a version of Ableton. We can lend you various controllers so that you can try them.
- We will provide you with an individual cabin equipped with a range of professional equipment (CD players or turntables, mixing tables, sound systems)
- A professional trainer will be there for you
Duration : 28 hours spread over 4 days
Contents : As regards mixing :
- Introducing the equipment that is available in each cabin
- A theoretical approach of basics : appropriate corrective actions, listening on headphones, the harmony of a mix, the definition of a musical structure
- Improving on various units such as : mix tempo / cut / scratch / effects / programming …
- Exercises adapted to your level and getting familiar with the equipment
- Individual training with the trainer's support,
- Defining the points for improvement.
- Those who want to will be able to prepare for the selection assessment for the AMS training
As regards CAM :
- Defining your personal objectives
- Presenting the various possibilities of the software and of its scope of action
- Understanding the indispensable tools so as to progress quickly
- Mastering the basic effects, equalisers, filters, reverb …
- Structuring one's music track or one's set
- Sampling and editing in the MIDI format via adapted instruments
- Using the USB control surfaces
- Working with a personal follow-up
The equipment that you should bring :
Don't hesitate to bring your computer and to install a 30-day trial version before the training course (www.ableton/free-trial) / headphones / USB drives with music tracks of your choice / writing materials
Locations : Lyon / Poitiers
Validation : Attestation of training course
ACCOMMODATION : A hotel on the spot in Poitiers (preferential tariff) and a free choice in Lyon (we will send you the contact information of the nearby hotels on request).